Social movements must be connected to elections. Elections are a prime opportunity for activists to engage in shaping agendas that can set the tone of an entire movement.
Political parties are the gatekeepers to democracy. It takes a strategic vision and training for parties to be effective. Only through the development of policy platforms, messages that resonate with voters, field-based outreach, and the organization of youth and women, can parties be truly effective in building a strong and successful base that stays in place, election after election, year after year.
Consultation Services and Training Includes:
- Consultation for candidates and policy parties on election strategy and development of their core team
- Election environmental assessment and analysis
- Political party development
- Party-based youth and women’s outreach
- Voter outreach and mobilization strategies
- Use of technology and grassroots tools in election campaigns
- Push back strategies to improve undemocratic election laws
- Support for high-level international election delegations
- Design of political party election fraud prevention strategies
- Oversight of statistically-based observation
“I had the pleasure to meet and work with Kristina who gave me and the party personal help with implementing a first-time ever member-based telephone campaign in Finland. She was of tremendous help to me, spurring me to get started and always trying to find the best solutions to make things work.” – Annika Jannson